Australian Masters Games Taekwondo
TAEKWONDO IS BACK !!!
Taekwondo – Saturday 12th October, 2019
Following on from the ground-breaking successes of the 2013 and 2015 Australian Master Games, where all forms of Taekwondo came together in the mutual spirit of competition, all forms of Taekwondo will once again feature at the XVII Australian Masters Games to be held at the Adelaide Convention Centre, South Australia on Saturday 12th October 2019.
- International Tul (Individual & Team – 3ppl)
- World Poomsae (Individual & Team – 3ppl)
- Sparring International (Individual & Team – 3ppl)
- Sparring World (Individual & Team – 3ppl)
- Self Defense Demonstration (Pairs)
- Creative Forms / Patterns
Sparring Weight Class:
Men – Under 60kgs, 60-69kgs, 70-79kgs, 80-89kgs, 90kgs+
Women – Under 55kgs, 55-65kgs, 66-74kgs, 75kgs+
Age Groups: 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60+
Age Requirements : Age is determined as at 31 December 2019. Minimum age for competition is turning 30 years or older during 2019.
Click for Event Rules Link
Once again, Tournament Organizer is Master Michael Muleta
Celeberate with some legendary music
The music of Elvis Presely kicks us off the night before the Australian Master Games Taekwondo…. thank you very much.
As if that wasn’t enough, straight after our championships is over, the closing ceremony and after party features the music of Billy Joel.
Shortly after we pack up the mats, the closing ceremony kicks off with an amazing Billy Joel show……..OK, maybe not the real Billy, but the next best thing. It’s almost worth the trip to Adelaide just to see the show.
Fresh off a huge national tour, Celebrating the Music of Billy Joel with Anthony Mara will be performing on the final night of the Games closing the 2019 event in style.
The full live band consists of the finest musicians around, plus state of the art sound and lighting, in a powerful show that has all the classic hits such as: “Piano Man”, “New York State Of Mind”, “Honesty”, “It’s Still Rock’n’roll To Me”, “Uptown Girl”, “We Didn’t Start The Fire”, “River Of Dreams” plus many more.
About the Australian Masters Games
The Australian Masters Games is a biennial sporting event that is regarded as one of the premier and largest participation sporting events on the Australian sporting landscape. In 2019 the 17th edition of the Games will be hosted in Adelaide from Saturday 5th to Saturday 12th October.
It is expected over 8,000 participants will compete across over 40 different sports.
The Australian Masters Games provide an occasion to:
- make the wider community aware of the benefits of sport;
- encourage and engage the masters sport demographic in ongoing activity that is beneficial to their long term health and wellbeing;
- encourage a positive active lifestyle in the community that is balanced with social outcome and opportunities;
- reaffirm with all levels of sports administration the importance of mature-aged sports people who are seeking opportunities to participate; and
- demonstrate the myriad of attractions of sport: skill, achievement, competition, social interaction, and satisfaction.
The event is open to anyone. The only criteria to compete in the Australian Masters Games is that you must meet the minimum age requirement, which in most sports is 30+ years. It does not impose qualifying standards and welcomes participants from all over the world.
The Australian Masters Games offer participants a wide range of different sports, from softball to athletics to dragon boat to boxing.
This variety of sports on offer provides the opportunity for participants to try a new sport, compete in multiple sports during the week and register as an individual or in a team.
For more information about the Games in October 2019, click here.
Other upcoming events: