Students who graduate from the Global Fitness Institute SIS50215 Diploma of Fitness are known in the fitness industry as a Advanced Personal Trainers and Fitness Specialists.
Those with this higher level fitness diploma will be able to provide customized exercise training to individual clients with specific needs on a one-on-one or group basis. additionally they will learn the business and management skills to be able to operate their own personal training enterprise.
Persons with this level of competency will have the ability to implement, evaluate and modify the exercise prescription provided by medical or allied health professionals for clients with specific conditions, within an agreed scope for progression as recommended by referring medical or allied health professionals.
Those who have completed one of GFI’s Fitness Diploma courses are able to monitor client progress and, in collaboration with medical or allied health professionals, utilize an evidence-based approach to deliver solutions by applying knowledge of physiology and anatomy and the pathology of specific medical conditions.
Units of Competence
SISFFIT027 Conduct health promotion activities
SISFFIT028 Apply evidence-based practice to exercise programs
SISFFIT029 Apply anatomy and physiology to advanced personal training
SISFFIT030 Instruct advanced exercise programs
SISFFIT031 Implement injury prevention strategies
BSBFIM501 Manage budgets and financial plans
BSBHRM405 Support the recruitment, selection and induction of staff
BSBMGT502 Manage people performance
BSBMKG514 Implement and monitor marketing activities
BSBPMG522 Undertake project work
BSBRSK501 Manage risk
CHCCOM002 Use communication to build relationships
CHCPRP003 Reflect on and improve own professional practice
HLTAID006 Provide advanced first aid
HLTPOP402C Assess readiness for and effect behaviour change
SISSSTC301A Instruct strength and conditioning techniques
SISSSTC402A Develop strength and conditioning programs
SISXCCS003 Address client needs
Entry to this qualification is open to individuals who:
- hold a current first aid and CPR certificate
- Have achieved a Certificate IV in Fitness; and
- Have at least 1 year post qualification fitness industry experience in the application of the skills and knowledge of the Certificate IV in Fitness.
In order to demonstrate a student can meet these entry requirements all enrolments must include sighting of original testamurs and confirmation of relevant experience as required.
- Original testamurs must sighted and copied by the RTO
- The student must produce a letter from their employer to state they have had more than 1 year full time experience in the fitness industry as a personal trainer (or equivalent) since completing their Certificate IV in Fitness. The RTO will also call the employer to verify their experience stated in the letter. (Note: If the student is self-employed, a confirmation of business registration and relevant client interaction will need to be confirmed)
RTO Admission requirements
The RTO has the following admission requirements:
- Applicants must 18 years
- Students must successfully complete a LLN test to confirm the ability to effectively undertake the course