Fitness Course Mentors
GFI Fitness Course Mentors provide a valuable link between the students in-course learning, and the real fitness facility based experience.
You will draw on your expertise and experience to help teach and assess the GFI Fitness student’s practical skills and application of course work.
This can take place either during a work placement in your facility, or a specially appointed practical workshop.
We provide the curriculum and practical assessments, you simply run the student through them and assess their competency.
The GFI approved Fitness Mentor would need to possess:
- You must hold a current Certificate IV TAE40116 in Training and Assessment.
- If you possess the TAE40110, you must also have achieved the two additional units of TAELLN411 and TAEASS502.
- Experience in the facilitation of adult learning would be a bonus
- Must be a qualified Fitness Instructor and/or Personal Trainer (Cert 3/4 Minimum).
- High levels of competence and experience in Fitness Instruction / Personal Training
- Be aged 18 years or over
- Be willing to undergo a Police Check and Working with Children Check (if client is under 18 years)
The typical assessment session would earn the Fitness Course mentors around $100 per client, and take a couple of hours. It is possible to assess clients in pairs or small groups.
Get in touch