Personal Training Courses – Certificate IV in Fitness
Global Fitness Institute is one of Australia’s leading providers of Personal Training certification. Complete one of GFI’s Personal Training Courses to become a fitness certified trainer.
Personal Trainers are involved in the assessment, training, and supervision of a variety of people in health and fitness clubs, gyms, sports centers, community recreation organizations and other venues.
The industry accepted trainer qualification, or personal trainer requirements, is the Certificate 4 in Fitness. Students undertaking Global Fitness Institute Personal Training courses have access to a wide range of fitness-specific in formation and gain the knowledge to provide appropriate exercise programs to their clients to help them lead a healthy lifestyle.
Graduates of GFI Personal Training Courses have the ability to design and deliver exercise programs for individuals and small groups along with training individual clients, on a one-on-one basis, and may include older clients and children.
Units of competency covered in the SIS40215 Certificate IV in Fitness include:
- SISFFIT013 Instruct exercise to young people aged 13 to 17 years
- SISFFIT015 Collaborate with medical and allied health professionals in a fitness context
- SISFFIT016 Provide motivation to positively influence exercise behaviour
- SISFFIT017 Instruct long-term exercise programs
- SISFFIT018 Promote functional movement capacity
- SISFFIT019 Incorporate exercise science principles into fitness programming
- SISFFIT020 Instruct exercise programs for body composition goals
- SISFFIT021 Instruct group personal training programs
- SISFFIT023 Instruct group personal training programs
- SISFFIT025 Recognise the dangers of providing nutrition advice to clients
- SISFFIT026 Support healthy eating through the Eat for Health Program
- SISXRES001 Conduct sustainable work practices in open spaces
- BSBSMB408 Present, secure and support sales solution
- BSBSMB401 Establish legal and risk management requirements of small business
- BSBSMB403 Market the small business
- BSBSMB404 Undertake small business planning
- SISSSTC301A Instruct strength and conditioning techniques
- SISSSTC402A Develop strength and conditioning programs
- SISXCAI005 Conduct individualized long-term training programs
- SISXCCS003 Address client needs
Entry requirements to study the Certificate IV in Fitness (SIS40215) are a current first aid qualification and current First Aid certificate, and who have achieved the following units of competency :
- SISFFIT001 Provide health screening and fitness orientation
- SISFFIT002 Recognise and apply exercise considerations for specific populations
- SISFFIT003 Instruct fitness programs
- SISFFIT004 Incorporate anatomy and physiology principles into fitness programming
- SISFFIT005 Provide healthy eating information
- SISFFIT006 Conduct fitness appraisals
- SISFFIT014 Instruct exercise to older clients
- SISXCCS001 Provide quality service
Therefore prior to undertaking personal training courses it is highly recommended that the students completes Certificate III in Fitness (SIS30315) to satisfy the entry requirements.