HLT43015 Certificate IV in Allied Health Assistance
(Nutrition & Dietetics)
This qualification reflects the role of workers who provide support in the area of nutrition and dietetics to allied health professionals. The worker is required to conduct therapeutic and program related activities under the guidance of an allied health professional.
Supervision may be direct, indirect or remote and must occur within organisation requirements. The worker is required to identify client circumstances that need additional input from the allied health professional. The worker may be engaged to work in a specialty area or work generically across the organisation in delivery of allied health assistance services.
The worker, in conjunction with the allied health professional, may have responsibility for supervising other allied health assistance workers.
Units within this qualification include:
- CHCCOM005 Communicate and work in health or community services
- CHCDIV001 Work with diverse people
- CHCLEG003 Manage legal and ethical compliance
- HLTAAP001 Recognise healthy body systems
- HLTAAP002 Confirm physical health status
- HLTWHS002 Follow safe work practices for direct client care
- BSBMED301 Interpret and apply medical terminology appropriately
- HLTAHA018 Assist with planning and evaluating meals and menus to meet recommended dietary guidelines
- HLTAHA019 Assist with the monitoring and modification of meals and menus according to individualised plans
- HLTAHA020 Support food services in menu and meal order processing
- HLTAHA021 Assist with screening and implementation of therapeutic diets
- HLTAID001 Perform cardiopulmonary resuscitation
- HLTAID003 Provide first aid
- HLTFSE001 Follow basic food safety practices
- SISFFIT025 Recognise the dangers of providing nutrition advice to clients
- SISFFIT005 Provide healthy eating information
Graduates of this course will have the necessary qualifications to draft meal plans to suit client needs, play an integral part in boosting client health & wellbeing through effective nutritional guidance & wellness coaching, make modifications & adjustments to dietary plans & assess each client’s physical health status prior to commencing any healthy eating plan.
Graduates will also hold the current qualification required to work under direct supervision of a qualified Dietitian in a hospital or hospice setting, assisting with screening & implementation of therapeutic diets.