Top 5 Diets That Will Help You Lose Weight!
Looking to lose a few of those extra pounds and become healthier and happier? We have the top 5 diets that will help you lose weight!
If you’re looking to get in shape and lose a few extra pounds, then you can do a lot worse than any of the top 5 diets that will help you lose weight in 2021!
Like fashion trends and celebrities, diets come and go all the time. We have all struggled with dieting and exercising at one point or another in our lifetimes. That’s why it’s important that instead of giving up we find that one diet, that one special diet that suits us and our bodies. Instead of making you trawl through hundreds of different articles, we have gotten you a list of the top 5 diets that will help you lose weight and get your health goals back on track!
US News & World Report released its annual report on the best top diets to help you lose weight, and we have the top 5 diets right here! A premium fitness course combined with a healthy and nutritious diet is the most effective way not only to lose weight but also keep the weight off. To compile their list of the top diets, they consulted with a panel of the country’s top nutritionists, experts in diabetes, weight loss, heart health and dietary consultants. They then ranked the diets on a scale using their ease of use, the likelihood of weight loss, both long and short-term, and the effectiveness on diabetes, and cardiovascular disease.
The number one and two spots were a tie for the best diet overall, with the DASH Diet and Mediterranean Diet coming in square at the top of the list. You’re probably wondering about what you’re going to be eating when you choose any of these diets.
- The Mediterranean Diet focuses mainly on a diet which includes extra virgin olive oil, leafy green vegetables, fruits, cereals, legumes, nuts, fish, dairy and low amounts of red wine and eggs.
- The DASH diet is based on a ‘plant-focused’ diet which consists of fruits, vegetables, nuts, low-fat and non-fat dairy, lean meats, poultry, fish, and heart-healthy fats. The idea behind the DASH Diet is too fill yourself up on the leafy greens while maintaining a healthy balance of protein-rich foods.
- The Flexitarian Diet comes in on the list at number three. The name ‘flexitarian’ means you are a ‘flexible vegetarian.’ You’re going to be eating a lot of quinoa, tofu, fresh produce, and many other vegetarian favorite foods. You’ll also be able to enjoy the occasional helping of fish and meat. The trick to the Flexitarian Diet is spreading your meats out over several days to ensure that you don’t overindulge in animal products.
- The famous Weight Watchers Diet comes in at number four on the list. If you haven’t heard the term ‘weight watchers’ before, chances are you’ve been living under a rock! Oprah Winfrey is one of the biggest celebrities to throw their weight behind the Weight Watchers Diet.
- The number five spot is a three-way tie. The number five spot is occupied by the MIND Diet, TLC Diet, and the Volumetrics Diet. That would be a big choice if you made it this far, with three amazing diets all coming in very close to the top spot.
Learn more about nutrition by signing up for a Global Fitness Institute Nutrition course.
Of course, one thing that will help fast track your diet success is combining healthy eating with regular exercise – book in for a Personal Training Session today.